- Thursday, 11 May 2023 at 11:00 pm
The Commission has published guidance materials on how to complete a progress report and audit in 2023.
The Gender Equality Act 2020 requires defined entities to submit a progress report to the Public Sector Gender Equality Commissioner (Commissioner) every second year after submitting a Gender Equality Action Plan (GEAP). The first progress reports are due on 20 February 2024.
The progress reporting guidelines were developed to help defined entities to meet their obligations to complete and submit a progress report. This includes guidance to support defined entities to:
- report on the policies, programs and services that were subject to a gender impact assessment (GIA) and the outcomes of those GIAs
- report on their progress in relation to the strategies and measures listed in their GEAP
- demonstrate their progress in relation to the workplace gender equality indicators.
The Commission has also developed guidance to help defined entities to assess and report on their progress in relation to the gender equality indicators. This is referred to as a 'progress audit'. A progress audit involves:
- collecting workforce and employee experience data in 2023
- comparing this information to the workplace gender audit data collected in 2021
- providing the results to the Commissioner along with progress reports.