Commission for Gender Equality in the Public Sector Inaugural Research Grants Round 2021
About the program
The Commission is seeking applications for research projects that continue to build the evidence base underpinning the Act and support defined entities to fulfil their obligations. This program supports research projects that will take place before 31 January 2022.
The Act and the Commissioner constitute an innovative and leading approach to gender equality in Australia. The passing of the Act and establishment of the role of Commissioner are likely to generate significant improvements in organisational gender equality in Victoria, with flow on effects for the wider Victorian public. The Act will achieve this by requiring organisations to assess, plan and take positive gender equality actions in their workplaces, as well as publish data showing their progress. The Act is also designed to improve gender equality in the wider community by requiring the public sector, universities and local councils to ensure their public-facing policies, programs and services are designed and implemented with the needs of all genders front of mind.
For Victoria to establish itself as a leading jurisdiction in gender equality, it will be important to gather evidence and research to underpin the roll out of the Act and to maximise the effectiveness of the Act and the Commissioner.
How to apply
- Read the CGEPS Inaugural Research Grants Round 2021 - Guidelines.
- Complete the CGEPS Inaugural Research Grants Round 2021 - Application Form.
- Send the completed application form with relevant attachments to by 12 midday, 24 May 2021.
- Successful applicants will be asked to enter into an agreement with the Department using the Victorian Common Funding Agreement. Standard terms and conditions are available at the bottom of this page. More information regarding the VCFA can be found at
- Applications close: 24 May 2021, at 12 midday
- Outcomes announced: Early June 2021
- Funding commences: June 2021
Reviewed 14 May 2021